Sunday, February 27, 2011

late winter treasures

I forgot about my idea (about 2 years ago!) to post about monthly 'treasures' so I thought I would do one for this month.  

I am still trying to find my way back to self-time to take care of body and mind - meditation, mindfulness, and even just writing a bit in my journal.  One of my goals for 2011 is to create an alter near my meditation space so that I have special things nearby that might draw me more frequently to sit on my meditation pillow.  When I was thinking about posting about present treasures 2 years ago, I was practicing mindfulness both formally, through dedicated meditation time, and also just during everyday moments.  It takes work to do this and somehow, I have fallen out of this work lately.  Partly, I think it is because I have been in my brain so much lately, going from researching at work to researching for my dissertation.  When I get home, my head is so foggy that I can hardly do anything.  I do knit and there is a sweet mindfulness element in that.  My mood feels calm, and that is wonderful, and maybe I am being more mindful than I am giving myself credit...I am just noticing it for now...

Treasures lately:

lovely visit from jessie, including her yummy almost vegan cooking

cooking vegetarian chinese with my niece, who is an excellent cook!

playing with seneca in the beautiful whiteness

munchkins and there funny expressions!

No comments: